Mar 27, 2017
http://www.attractionchecklist.com - In honor of the passing of Robert Osborne, this episode we take a ride on the Disney's Hollywood Studios attraction The Great Movie Ride. Ride Audio Recorded on May 25, 2015.
Bonus content for this episode is available to the Saturday Morning Media Patreon Patrons. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Intro Bumper by Paul of the Window to the Magic – http://www.windowtothemagic.com
Welcome to Attraction Checklist.
Lights, camera action! It’s time to head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and enjoy the park’s iconic attraction, The Great Movie Ride! Located in the Hollywood Boulevardd section of the park, the Great Movie Ride is described in the guide map in the following manner: Journey into some of Hollywood’s most famous films. This attraction is open to guests of any age and there are no height requirements. Fastness plus is available for this attraction and the Thrill Level describes the ride as being Dark, Scary and a slow ride.
Before films starts rolling, here are five fast facts about The Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
1. The 22 minute long Great Movie Ride is an opening day attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and officially began operation on May 1, 1989.
2. The Great Movie Ride is unique in that, on busy days, guests will experience one of two ‘takeovers’ of their ride vehicle. If the ride vehicle is stopped in the western section off the attraction, the vehicle will be taken over by an outlaw named Kate Durango or Kid Carson. If the ride vehicle is stopped in the gangster section of the ride, it will be commandeered by a gangster named mugsy. Both the Outlaws or the gangster will force the regular tour operator out of the vehicle and continue on as the vehicle’s operator until the surprise return of the car’s starting operator.
3. As the ride vehicle enters the Raiders of the Lost Ark segment of the attraction, keep as sharp eye on hyrogliphics on the walls of the room. One panel has hyrogliphic figures of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and another features star wars characters R2D2 and C3PO
4. n the Casablanca scene, the front half of a real Lockheed Model 12 Electra Junior plane can be seen. Imagineers didn’t just throw away the back half of the plane because it wasn’t needed. You can see the back half of the plane if you head over to the Magic Kingdom where it can be spotted in the jungle of the Jungle Cruise Attraction.
5. In 2014, Turner Classic Movies became the sponsor of the Great Movie Ride and on May 29, 2015, the ride reopened with new on ride narration by TCM host Robert Osborne. Rober Osborne passed away in 2017, but the attraction with his narration is what we will be listening to today.
Now it’s time to experience The Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The main attraction audio we hear today will be the version where the gangster takes over the ride vehicle. Ride audio from the attraction where the outlaw takes over the vehicle will be included the bonus audio available to the Saturday Morning Media Patreon Patrons who pledge at any level. Stick around after the ride audio presented hear to hear my thoughts on this classic Walt Disney World attraction. But for now, put on headphones because this is a binaural recording of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction, The Great Movie Ride.
http://www.facebook.com/attractionchecklist http://www.facebook.com/saturdaymorningmedia http://www.twitter.com/SaturdayMMedia https://plus.google.com/+Saturdaymorningmedia https://www.linkedin.com/company/saturday-morning-mediahttp://www.youtube.com/user/SaturdayMorningMedia?sub_confirmation=1
WALT DISNEY WORLD WEBSITE
Show ©2017 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco