Jul 24, 2017
http://www.attractionchecklist.com - It's time to experience and review one of the oldest shows currently running at Walt Disney World, the Electrical Water Pageant! Recorded on May 26, 2017.
Bonus content for this episode is available to the Saturday Morning Media Patreon Patrons. Support the show and get fun Bonus content over at http://www.patreon.com/saturdaymorningmedia
Intro Bumper by Paul of Window to the Magic - http://www.windowtothemagic.com
We've got something a little different this episode as we take a look at a classic Walt Disney World attraction that is not inside one of the four parks but on the waters of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon! It is the Electrical Water Pageant! It’s not listed in any guide maps, but it is described on the Walt Disney World website in the following manner: Great sea creatures and twinkling flags cross the lagoon to electronic tunes in this playful nighttime water parade.
Before we experience this nighttime classic, here are five fast facts about Walt Disney World’s Electrical Water Pageant.
1. The 15 Minute Long Electrical Water Pageant debuted on Monday, October 25, 1971 making it one of the few original opening year shows that is still running at Walt Disney World.
2. The Electrical Water Pageant consists of 14 floats which contain over 50,000 light bulbs to light up the parade’s turtles, whales, octopus and sea serpent! It is said that crews replace anywhere from 100 to 1500 bulbs a week to keep the floats in tip top shape.
3. Guests today can see the same floats in the same order dating back to 1977
4. The Electrical Water Pageant runs up to six times a night at various locations on the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. Guests can watch from locations including the Polyneasian resort, Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney’s contemporary hotel.
5. The electrical Water Pageant was the inspiration behind the Main Street Electrical Parade! The music piece Baroque Hoedown which is commonly associated with the Main Street Electrical Parade was originally featured in the Electrical Water Pageant!
Now it’s time to light up the night with the the Electrical Water Pageant. If you have headphones, put them on now as this is a binaural recording. And stay tuned after the audio to hear my thoughts on this attraction as you’ll be hearing my first time experiencing Walt Disney World’s Electrical Water Pageant.
http://www.facebook.com/attractionchecklist http://www.facebook.com/saturdaymorningmedia http://www.twitter.com/SaturdayMMedia https://plus.google.com/+Saturdaymorningmedia https://www.linkedin.com/company/saturday-morning-mediahttp://www.youtube.com/user/SaturdayMorningMedia?sub_confirmation=1
WALT DISNEY WORLD WEBSITE
BUILD A BETTER MOUSE TRIP
Show ©2017 Saturday Morning Media/Grant Baciocco